Balsamic Vinegar or BV, also referred to as Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale is the vinegar inspired from the by the traditional products native to Italy. It is made from the juice of grapes procured from India. It is naturally fermented, unfiltered and unpasteurized. BV is rich source of iron, calcium, potassium and manganese which improves metabolism and weight loss abilities. Here are some of its health benefits Balsamic vinegar contains polyphenols, antioxidants that can protect the body from heart disease and cancer. The grapes utilized for the preparation of BV contain antioxidant that fights against cell damage, strengthens body’s immune system and makes blood platelets more flexible.
Health Benefits of balsamic vinegar
- For weight loss: - According to studies, balsamic vinegar is a source of calcium, iron, manganese and potassium, which improve the body's functioning and weight loss abilities. Low in calories, it also helps to curb the body's appetite and prevents overeating; increasing the amount of time it takes for the stomach to empty.
- Helps Blood circulation:- The antioxidants presents in balsamic vinegar can help repair damage caused by free radicals, produced by the oxygen used in our body. Balsamic vinegar contains polyphenols, antioxidants that can protect the body from heart disease and cancer.
- Improves immunity:- The grapes that are used to make balsamic vinegar contain antioxidants that fight against cell damage, improve the body's immune system and make blood platelets more flexible.
- Regulates blood sugar:- Balsamic vinegar can improve insulin sensitivity for diabetics, allowing for an easier regulation of blood sugar and reducing unpleasant side effects from diabetes.
- Helps digestion:- This vinegar is great for body's digestion. It boosts the activity of pepsin, an enzyme that breaks protein down into smaller amino acids that can be more easily absorbed by the body. Pepsin also helps to improve the body's metabolism.
- Helps lower cholesterol:- Of all of the benefits of balsamic vinegar, this one is perhaps the most well-documented. Balsamic vinegar is an excellent choice for those looking to maintain or lower their cholesterol levels. The antioxidants found in balsamic vinegar target the “scavenger cells” that are toxic to your body and inflate your LDL (unhealthy cholesterol) levels. you can consume balsmic vinegar to help your body protect itself against clogged arteries.
- Improve your skin:- balsamic vinegar contains both acetic acid and antimicrobial compounds, as well as antioxidants. Consuming balsamic vinegar as part of your regular diet might make your skin look clearer and your complexion brighter.
- Helps hypertension:- Balsamic vinegar’s helps for blood pressure. A laboratory study revealed that rats with hypertension had better blood pressure after consuming vinegar over a long period of time. consuming 1 to 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar you’re helping your heart health.
- bone health:- Acetic and pepsin help improve the absorption of important minerals into your body like magnesium and calcium. These two minerals are important in the formation of strong and healthy bones. Balsamic vinegar is a great source of both minerals.
- Pain Reliever:- Balsamic vinegar was used in ancient times to relieve people of pain. People suffering from headaches and migraines can also find relief from their agony by taking some balsamic vinegar. This vinegar can also be used to treat infections and wounds as it has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties.
- Fighting Cancer:-The grapes that are used in the formation of balsamic vinegar contain quercetin, which is a bioflavonoid with antioxidant properties. Along with having Vitamin C, the antioxidant also strengthens your immune system thereby making it easy for you to fight infections inflammations and even cancer.
- Antioxidant:- When oxidation takes place in your body, energy is produced. This energy hampers the formation of free radicals. Free radicals are known to destroy cell membranes. They also manifest as premature aging, which hardens your arterial walls. The antioxidants found in balsamic vinegar destroy the free radicals and as a result, protecting your cells from destruction. The balsamic vinegar has also been seen to slow the process of aging.