Jamun or Black plum is an important summer fruit, associated with many health and medicinal benefits. The black plum is known to relieve stomach pain, carminative, anti-scorbutic and diuretic. Black Plum vinegar is good to reduce enlargement of spleen, diarrhoea, and those have urine retention problems. Jammu’s ploy phenolic compounds are effective against cancer, heart diseases, diabetes, asthma and arthritis. Black Plum fruit and its leaves are good for diabetic patients. The black plum has anti-diabetic features. The fruit helps to convert starch into energy and keep your blood sugar levels in check. In the summer season, the sugar patient should eat Black Plum regularly because of its low glycemic index. It reduces the symptoms of diabetes like frequent urination and thrusting. Black Plum has adequate amount of iron and vitamin C. The presence of iron in the black plum is good to increase the haemoglobin count.
Health Benefits of Jamun
- Natural Blood Purifier:- Jamun is a natural blood purifier. The iron present in the fruit ensures that oxygenated blood with a good amount of haemoglobin reaches the various parts of the body. This keeps any skin-related problems at bay. Clear skin is a sign of pure blood.
- Digestive Disorder:- Jamun acts as coolant and helps in curing digestive ailments like diarrhoea, indigestion, dysentery and dyspepsia. The juice of the fruit induces saliva production which helps break down food faster making digestion easier.
- Good for Gums and Teeth:- Jamun has an abundance of vitamin C, it's excellent for the teeth and gums. Vitamin C helps cure wounds like bleeding gums. The antibacterial property of the juice helps wade off any bacteria that might enter through the mouth, preventing bad-breath issues as well.
- Prevents for Heart Disorder: - Black plum contains good amount of potassium mineral which is very beneficial for keeping heart healthy and prevention for diseases like hypertension, stroke and other cardio vascular diseases.
- Rich In Antioxidants:- Jamuns are dark-coloured fruits. The darker the fruit the more anthocyanin it contains. It has anti-oxidant properties which prevent the body from being affected by harmful effects of free radicals. This also means it acts as an anti-ageing fruit.
- Prevents from Free Radical:- The darker fruit contains more anthocyanins pigment thus has strong anti-oxidant property which prevents from free radicals harmful effects, premature aging and infections.
- Rich In Minerals:- Minerals like calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium and vitamin C increase bone strength and prevent any occurrences of osteoporosis or any other calcium deficiency disorders. These nutrients are also vital in keeping the nervous system healthy. The polyphenols and anthocyanin present in the fruit also have anti-carcinogenic properties, reducing risks of cancer.
- Prevents from seasonal problems:- Its high level of vitamin C availability makes body immunity system strong to fight with common seasonal problems.
- Regulates Blood Sugar Level:- Jamun fruit is very good remedy for the people suffering from diabetes because of its anti-diabetic properties which helps keeping blood sugar level under control by converting starch and sugar into the energy.
- Good for Eye and Skin Health:- Black plum contains good amount of vitamins like A and C as well as minerals which are very beneficial for the health of eye and skin.
- Keeps Skin Fresh:- Its astringent property makes it able to keep oily skin fresh, smooth and acne free.