Sinus infection (Sinusitis)
Natural & Herbal Remedies For Sinus Congestion
Sinus infection is known as a sinusitis. Inflammation or swelling of the tissue lining the sinuses is called as sinusitis. Various bacteria, viruses, and fungi are responsible for this disease.
Naturally sinuses are filled with air but in this disease sinuses are blocked and filled with various germs and fluids. These microbes grow and result in infections.
Types of Sinus
Acute Sinus:Acute sinus usually last for 4 weeks. Various symptoms of this type are cold, facial pain and stuffy nose.
Sub- Acute Sinus:In sub-acute sinus inflammation and underlying symptoms lasts for 4 to 8 weeks.
Chronic Sinus:In chronic sinus all the symptoms and inflammation last for more than 8 weeks.
Reccurent Sinus:It is a type of sinus in which various attacks occur within a year.
Causes of Sinus
- Viral infections -common cold is mostly causing of sinus
- Bacterial infections -infection in upper respiratory tract persists long for 10 or more days then it is more likely to be caused by bacterial infections.
- Fungal infections -weakness and various abnormalities are observed if it is caused due to fungal infection.
Symptoms of Sinus
- Facial swelling
- Severe pain
- Discolored nasal drainage
- Nasal congestion
- Post nasal drip
- Sore throat
- Cough and cold
- Eye, ear and tooth pain
- Bad breath
- Itching and sneezing
Risk factors of Sinus
- GERD or immune system disorders, cystic fibrosis.
- Nasal passage abnormality
- Hay fever
- Allergic conditions
- Excessive exposure to pollutants
Complications of Sinus
- Chronic sinusitis
- Ear infections
- Eye related problems